What we stand for
OUR AIM: “Walking with God, Reaching out to People”
The words of Jesus in Matthew 28, 18-20:
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”
Aspects of our faith and the hope that the faith gives us.
(i) Nurture and growth of existing members
We believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God who is our personal Saviour and Friend. Jesus Christ intercedes for us to God the Father. Thus we have the belief and hope that Christ will change our lives to be fulfilling and compassionate.
Therefore it is expected that our family will have strong personal devotion so that we grow in Christ each day resulting in a fire that consumes us to be committed to Christ and enthusiastic about our faith in Christ. This requires us to be biblically based.
(ii) Empowering our family members to be Christ’s workers ie showing the face of Christ to all people that we meet.
That we grow everyday in Christ and become compassionate like Christ to do God’s will within the area of our church location as well as our homes and neighbourhood. This will require us to examine ourselves with the mind of Christ to see what sort of Ministry we can carry out for God and His church and be part of a ‘growth’ group.
(iii) Witnessing to others about Christ’s Love for all
With the Holy Spirit’s power we are given the ability to be witnesses about Christ’s Love and we should be able to do this as part of our everyday life. Our lives should mirror that of Christ’s so that when we talk to people and do things for them it is Christ that is seen. (Matthew chapter 28:v18-20).
1. Mobilizing the whole congregation to be faithful in worship and service for the Lord.
2. Recognizing and encouraging the use of the spiritual gifts and skills of all members.
3. Developing new programmes to reach out into the local community for Christ - to seek for both spiritual and numerical growth. We want our church to grow!
4. Strengthening existing programmes, to promote Christian maturity among members to seek both spiritual and numerical growth.
5. Developing an evangelistic lifestyle in each member. This will arise out of the reality of our experience of Christ. If He has really changed our lives, that’s great news and we will want to share it.